Garage door repair and services
At SGM Garage Doors, we provide residents and property owners in the Blockhouse / Bridgewater / Lunenburg area with incomparable products and garage door repair service. Our team of expert consultants will be happy to guide you through the process of purchasing a garage door system. Here, our technicians know their jobs – and do their jobs – very well. They are masters of all phases of installation and repair of every brand of garage door and garage door openercurrently on the market. Whether your needs are residential, commercial or industrial, we’ll give you service that’s quick and courteous.
Do you have a problem? We have the solution!
Does your automatic garage door opener:
- make a disturbing thud?
- open and close the door by itself?
- completely fail to work?
Does your garage door:
- fail to open?
- open too slowly?
- close incorrectly, failing to create a weather-tight seal?
- stop before it reaches the ground?
- fail to reverse mechanically?
Call us at SGM Garage Doors if any of these problems occur. There could be a number of explanations: wear and tear, malfunction, misaligned components, etc. Here are a few examples of things we can help you with:
- snapped or frayed cables
- noisy garage doors
- broken or loose springs
- twisted or broken rollers
- a warped track
- safety inspections & preventive maintenance
- replacement of damaged door sections following an accident
- adjustment and replacement of components
- other parts remplacement and garage door repair service
No matter what your needs may be, we’ll make sure that everything gets repaired, adjusted or replaced with precision, as quickly as possible.
WHY choose SGM Garage Doors? Because...
- we provide emergency garage door services 24/7.
- we are qualified technicians and installers.
- As certified Garaga Experts, we respond with a high level of professionalism.
- we offer the best advice because we know our products inside and out.
- we are polite, fast and conscientious.
- we cover the residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
- we are experienced in garage door repair service and know how to make garage door work
- we serve the areas of Lunenburg/Queens County, Annapolis Valley, Halifax, Dartmouth and surrounding areas (including Bridgewater and Chester).
- we repair all brands of garage doors and automatic garage door openers and we can replace the parts and accessories for:
Garage door brands
CHI Overhead Door
Garage door opener brands
- last but not least, we love what we do!
What you should know about residential garage door openers
If your garage door comes with a garage door opener, it's either belt-driven (with a belt made of rubber reinforced with metallic threads) or chain-driven (with a chain similar to that of a bicycle).
Both of these types of garage door openers work very well. However, the chain-driven type requires a little more maintenance, as the chain must be lubricated at least twice a year. At SGM Garage Doors, we have chosen to use LiftMaster brand garage door openers because of their reliability and excellent performance. If, over the course of the years, you encounter a minor problem with your garage door opener, it will most likely be due to a misalignment or obstruction in the photoelectric switching system or worn batteries in the garage door remote. Rest assured that these problems are easy for our expert technicians to fix. As we are very experienced in garage door repair services.
One of the most important features of a garage door opener is the automatic reversal system when the door is closing. If the door opener detects a person or object moving across the path of the door, the two safety mechanisms must work at all times. The first one is mechanical: an object hits the bottom of the door, so the door must reverse automatically. The second one is photoelectric. A person passes in front of the beam and then, once again, the door has to go back up. These two backup mechanisms must be checked at least twice during the year. Don’t just go by the fact that you have a door opener to open and close your door. Know that a door opener can easily lift 100 kg (225 lb), but will also hold back 100 kg when it comes down.
Another example is that if there’s a power failure and your garage door opener isn’t equipped with a backup battery, you’ll have to go inside your garage and activate the emergency release mechanism (the red cord) in order to open and close your door. That’s why this mechanism must always be in good repair so it will work correctly when you need it, saving you a lot of trouble in the event of an emergency.
Call SGM Garage Doors for all your garage door and garage door opener needs in the Halifax, Bridgewater and Chester areas. Our team will be happy to come to your home and check your garage door system, find the cause of the problem, and offer a quick solution. We also offer an annual preventive maintenance program, including a yearly inspection of your garage door system, to keep it working at an optimum level.
For our maintenance or garage door repair services, call us today at 902-624-8993.